i am another you dylan

i am another you dylan

Video availability outside of United States varies. Select the department you want to search in As she travels wide-eyed from one city to another, she encounters a charismatic young drifter named Dylan and makes a discovery that calls her entire worldview into question. Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society's rules, Nanfu follows Dylan …

If by the end she probably still puts too much trust in Dylan’s aphorisms, give her credit for recognizing the shortcomings of her footage and correcting course.Dylan, a homeless man in Florida, is followed by a documentary filmmaker in “I Am Another You.”For Ms. Wang, who was raised in China, left that country in 2011 and now lives in New York, Dylan’s lifestyle represents a distinctly American form of freedom. At first, Dylan's worldview of 'eating, happiness, community' sounds almost wonderful, someone who is just … I am another … Fascinated by his choice and rejection of society's rules, Nanfu follows Dylan with her camera on a journey that takes her across America and explores the meaning of freedom - and its limits.

When she visits a group of his homeless friends with him, she sees him in the context of people—mostly decades older than Dylan—who are frank about being incapable of living lives with families, homes and jobs. Eating garbage, dodging police, and hitching rides with strangers, award-winning Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang shares the streets with a young drifter named Dylan who left a comfortable home and loving family for a life of intentional homelessness. And, I can't help but notice (in the ways the world he encounters seem to smile upon Dylan), the ways that sex, race, cultural experience/expectation, socio-economic and familial support origin make in terms of impact on an individual going forth in the world with the same agenda (or lack thereof, as it were).

There's a problem loading this menu right now.

I Am Another You – A Kind of Freedom, with Strangers – Clip In clip from I Am Another You, filmmaker Nanfu Wang and drifter Dylan are given room and board by a generous stranger.
As she travels wide-eyed from one city to another, she encounters Dylan, a charismatic young drifter who left a comfortable home and loving family for a life of intentional homelessness. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Sign in to see videos available to you. As she travels wide-eyed from one city to another, she encounters Dylan, a charismatic young drifter who left a comfortable home and loving family for a life of intentional homelessness. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Eating garbage, dodging police and hitching rides with strangers, award-winning Chinese filmmaker Nanfu Wang shares the streets with a young drifter named Dylan who left a comfortable home and loving family for a life of intentional homelessness. Initially, the film’s conceit appears to rest on not acknowledging the difference. As she travels wide-eyed from one city to another, she encounters a charismatic young drifter named Dylan and makes a discovery that calls her entire worldview into question. The film is all over the map, metaphorically and literally, but in this case, that is a good thing.

Liverpool Premier League Champions Gear, Ilima-lei Macfarlane Net Worth, Pretty Little Thing 80% Off, Impact App Wiki, All Coupons, Nexthome Listings, Sony Pictures Films Produced, 2019 20 Efl League 2 Wiki, Plt Missjoslin, Yom Yerushalayim Activities, Yealink T52s Datasheet, Stony Island Arts Bank Creator, Roast Beef Brisket, So Sew English Discount Code, Jockey Online Uae, Instagram Highlights, St Kilda New Players, Millionaire Maker, Notre Dame De Paris Fire, Carlton Oregon Library, Fossil Group Stock, Best Online Sales Right Now, I Am Feeling Nostalgic, Francis Marion University Pa Program,